What Information do we Collect?
There are cases where Volcom may ask for personal information, such as your name, address, date of birth, gender, email address, etc. We do this, for instance when you register for contests/promotions, responding to communications through email, and for services that require registration or subscription. We might also collect personal information from you about a third party, for instance if the website allows you to send an e-postcard, in which case we need to know the name and e-mail address of the recipient. This information will only be used for its specific purpose (delivering the e-postcard) and Volcom will not further contact the third party unless the third party contacts us.
We may use 'cookies' to gather information about your visits on our website so we can enhance your experience.
- A cookie is a small string of information that the website transfers to your computer for identification purposes. Cookies can be used to follow your activity on the website to help better understand your preferences and improve your overall experience.
- Cookies are also used to remember usernames and passwords.
- You can turn off all cookies if you do not want to receive them or you can have your computer alert you whenever cookies are being used. (For both options you would have to adjust your browner settings)
When you visit our website we may collect what’s called “Click Stream” data (server address, domain name etc). This information can be combined with information you have provided to us which will enable us to analyze and better customize your visits.
Use of Visitors' Information
Information via email or SMS-messages about products, offers and news we think you would be interested in.
- We only send you this if you have opted-in to receive Volcom e-mails and/or SMS messages.
- If you no longer want to receive emails/SMS messages or want to delete/update your personal data, please visit the registration page. (http://volcom.com/email_preferences/)
Analyze visits to our website to better understand the interests of our customers and fans in aggregate.
Who Manages Visitors' Information
The information collected through the global and local Volcom websites are managed and controlled by Volcom. The servers that make the global and local websites available are located in the USA.
Protection of Visitors' Information
In order to protect the information you provide to us by visiting our website we have implemented various security measures. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of people, who have special access rights and are required to keep the information confidential.
Please keep in mind though that whenever you give out personal information there is a risk that third parties may intercept and use that information. While Volcom strives to protect its user's personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online and you do so at your own risk.
When a child tries to submit his/her registration, they will be asked to submit the same kind of information we collect from our visitors. Furthermore the information provided by the child during his/her session may be used as indicated in the said above section.
Volcom is committed to protect the privacy of children and has no intention of collecting personal data from children under the age of 13. If you are a child under the age of 13 and you try to submit your registration, the registration will be rejected and we will inform you that we do not accept registrations from children under 13. We encourage parents and guardians of children under 13 to regularly check and monitor their children's use of e-mail and other activities online.
Disclosing Personal Information to Third Parties
We do not trade, sell or otherwise transfer your personal information to third parties without informing you in advance in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Your data may be transferred to our web site hosting partners and other parties to assist us in designing and operating the website, executing services (eg. Prize fulfillment) or help analyze collected data.
- These parties will only use your data for the purpose of carrying out the work as indicated and will be required to keep the information confidential.
- We will also release personal data without consent if such is requested by law, for security purposes, or to prevent imminent harm.
Links to Third Parties
For your convenience and to improve the usage of our website we insert links to third parties, for which this policy does not apply. These links take you outside our service and off the Volcom website which then is out of our control. This includes links from partners that may use Volcom’s logo as part of a co-branding agreement or sell Volcom products.
Changes to the Policy
We may from time to time need to amend this policy, due to changes in regulations and to keep up with new developments and possibilities on the internet. We therefore reserve the right at our discretion to make these changes and ask you to check this page periodically, as you are bound by these changes when visiting our website.