Volcom teamed up with the gents at Stab Magazine to give all budding creatives a chance to shine (and line their pockets with solid gold!). The idea is to create a 16 second Instagram clip to celebrate the latest range of Volcom’s iconic summer trunks. And, it’s got be stop motion!
Stab had to make you an example, and there was only one man for the job. That’s Wright: Mr. Ozzie Wrong. They trundled up to Ozz’s home, heads brimming with ideas. Shot in a studio, jumped off a cliff (seriously!), and, you know what finally won the day? Yep, that’s right, a monster made out of Ozzie’s old sleeping bag! So, get creative minions.
The compulsory ingredients are shots of at least two pairs of Volcom boardies and the Volcom banners conveniently provided. And, when you upload your DIY masterpiece to Instagram, you gots to #stabvolcommotion, and @Volcom // @Stab.
$5000 tax free for a couple of hours of arts and crafts. Geez, what more could a struggling creative want?
Here’s the rules:
– Download the assets link: (Shorts and banners)
– Make sure one or all of the boardshorts appear in your stop-motion edit.
– You can print them out, you can use them digitally in your stop motion, whatever, the sky’s the limit.
– If the boardshorts don’t feature in some way, you’re entry is invalid.
– Your entry must be stop-motion. Not video. Stop motion’s the layering of different still images to create motion.
– You must enter via Instagram.
– Your entry can be up to 15 seconds, but short is sweet.
– Enter via tagging your entry #stabvolcommotion and tag @Stab @Volcom
Ozzie will choose one winner a week (for a Volcom prize pack,) and, then crown the overall winner of the $5,000 swag! Get busy free-thinkers! Entries close 30th June.
Ozzie Wright’s the Judge!